How Often Should I Change My Oil?
The rule used to be that you should change your oil every 3,000-5,000 miles, but constantly improving engine and oil technology means you don’t have to change it as often. Explore our guide to oil changes at Land Rover Monmouth and find out how to keep your vehicle’s engine running smoothly for a long time on Rumson roads, then schedule service when it’s time for your next oil change.
What is the Ideal Oil Change Frequency?
Most vehicles require an oil change at around 7,500-10,000 miles. However, driving conditions, driving habits, and types of vehicle use will affect recommended oil change intervals. Consult your owner’s manual or contact your Colts Neck-area dealership service center for more details on your specific model.
If you use your vehicle for any of these activities, you may need to change your motor oil a bit more frequently:
- Commercial use
- Heavy towing
How Often Should I Check My Oil Level?
It’s a good idea to be a proactive vehicle owner and check motor oil health once a month, as abnormalities can be an indication of premature engine wear or other issues. Here are some visual inspections you can easily perform:
- Check your oil level to detect leaks in the oil system
- Check the color of the motor oil
- Check for any metal particles in the oil
More Oil Change Tips
Before you visit our service center near Red Bank, check out these facts about oil changes. If you have any questions, call our service center at (877) 673-7122.
- Be sure to change your oil at least twice a year even if you don’t drive your car often, as engine inevitably breaks down over time.
- When you get your oil changed, the oil filter should be changed as well. Visit our parts center to get the right filter if you prefer to change it yourself.
- Consult your owner’s manual to see if your engine uses synthetic vs. conventional oil. Synthetic oil can cost more, but it tends to last longer, and some vehicles require it.
- If you change your oil as the colder months approach, ask for winter-grade oil for better performance in frigid temperatures.
Rely on Land Rover Monmouth for Your Service Needs
When it’s time for your next oil change, tire rotation, or other maintenance check in Ocean be sure to check our service coupons and specials before heading to Land Rover Monmouth for fast and friendly service. We want to help keep your vehicle in top condition and worthy of the Land Rover legacy that’s why we offer service tips like how to check your transmission fluid and guides on what an alternator does!
More From Land Rover Monmouth
Are you considering a new 2020 Range Rover Evoque? If you’re the adventuring type, you’re probably wondering, “How much can a Range Rover Evoque tow?” Although this Land Rover SUV is compact and practical, it’s more than capable of towing heavy loads. In fact, the 2020 Range Rover Evoque towing capacity comes in at an…
How much can a Range Rover Sport tow? When properly equipped, this luxurious SUV can tow up to 7,716 pounds of heavy cargo. However, it’s important to note that your 2020 Range Rover Sport towing capacity will vary depending on the model that you select for your drives. Land Rover Monmouth has put together a guide with…
The 2019 Land Rover Discovery not only offers exceptional off-road capabilities with features like Terrain Response®, but inside you’ll also find plenty of space, comfort, and connectivity to improve your Rumson drives. Learn more about the Land Rover Discovery interior at Land Rover Monmouth, then contact your local authorized Land Rover retailer to schedule a test drive and experience…