How Often Should I Change My Oil?
The rule used to be that you should change your oil every 3,000-5,000 miles, but constantly improving engine and oil technology means you don’t have to change it as often. Explore our guide to oil changes at Land Rover Monmouth and find out how to keep your vehicle’s engine running smoothly for a long time on Rumson roads, then schedule service when it’s time for your next oil change.
What is the Ideal Oil Change Frequency?
Most vehicles require an oil change at around 7,500-10,000 miles. However, driving conditions, driving habits, and types of vehicle use will affect recommended oil change intervals. Consult your owner’s manual or contact your Colts Neck-area dealership service center for more details on your specific model.
If you use your vehicle for any of these activities, you may need to change your motor oil a bit more frequently:
- Commercial use
- Heavy towing
How Often Should I Check My Oil Level?
It’s a good idea to be a proactive vehicle owner and check motor oil health once a month, as abnormalities can be an indication of premature engine wear or other issues. Here are some visual inspections you can easily perform:
- Check your oil level to detect leaks in the oil system
- Check the color of the motor oil
- Check for any metal particles in the oil
More Oil Change Tips
Before you visit our service center near Red Bank, check out these facts about oil changes. If you have any questions, call our service center at (877) 673-7122.
- Be sure to change your oil at least twice a year even if you don’t drive your car often, as engine inevitably breaks down over time.
- When you get your oil changed, the oil filter should be changed as well. Visit our parts center to get the right filter if you prefer to change it yourself.
- Consult your owner’s manual to see if your engine uses synthetic vs. conventional oil. Synthetic oil can cost more, but it tends to last longer, and some vehicles require it.
- If you change your oil as the colder months approach, ask for winter-grade oil for better performance in frigid temperatures.
Rely on Land Rover Monmouth for Your Service Needs
When it’s time for your next oil change, tire rotation, or other maintenance check in Ocean be sure to check our service coupons and specials before heading to Land Rover Monmouth for fast and friendly service. When want to help keep your vehicle in top condition and worthy of the Land Rover legacy.
More From Land Rover Monmouth
The 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Velar was made to turn heads and create lasting impressions, on the inside as well as the outside, with progressive design, premium luxuries, and advanced technology. Explore the Range Rover Velar interior to find out how your Rumson drives can be improved, then contact us for a test drive to see,…
Want to tune into the latest news? Listen to the latest hits? Find the best seafood joints in Rumson, NJ? Stay connected wherever you are in the Rumson area thanks to Land Rover InControl® Apps! Access your favorite podcasts, radio stations, concierge services, and more, right from the touchscreen of your Land Rover! Learn more with…
While the first Land Rover design appeared in 1947, it has its roots in Rover Company which was founded as a bicycle producer in 1885 in Warwickshire, England. Explore the Land Rover origin story at Land Rover Monmouth, and find out how they grew into the multi-national luxury off-road-ready brand they are known as today. Contact us…