Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control takes cruise control to the next level, and this driver-assistance technology is available in all modern Land Rover and Range Rover SUVs. While all new Land Rover models are standard with Cruise Control & Speed Limiter, Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control technology can do even more. Explore this feature with Land Rover Monmouth, and schedule a test drive to see how it works in person.
HOW DOES ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WORK?
- When Adaptive Cruise Control is in use, the system uses sensors to detect vehicles in the lane in front of you and estimate their speed.
- The system automatically adjusts your Land Rover SUV’s speed to maintain a safe following distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- If the vehicle in front of you moves out of your lane, the system automatically adjusts to match the speed originally set on cruise control.
Adaptive Cruise Control may even help optimize your Range Rover mpg ratings by maintaining a consistent speed, accelerating or braking only as necessary when you’re out and about in the Rumson area.
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WITH STOP & GO/QUEUE ASSIST
New Land Rover Rover models that have Adaptive Cruise Control also come with Stop & Go, also known as Queue Assist. How does this intelligent cruise control feature work?
- Stop & Go/Queue Assist is used for slow-moving heavy traffic.
- When the vehicle in front of you slows to a standstill, the system also brings your vehicle to a stop.
- When the vehicle in front of you moves forward again, gently tap the accelerator pedal and the system will move forward and maintain a safe following distance.
- The following distance can be adjusted on your steering wheel-mounted controls.
HOW DO I DEACTIVATE ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL?
Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control will deactivate automatically in specific situations–but it will save your most recent settings in its memory. Here are all the ways that you can deactivate Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control manually:
- The brake pedal is pressed.
- The CAN button on the steering wheel is pressed.
- All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) is selected.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) or Electronic Traction Control (ETC) is activated.
- The Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is applied.
- Hill Descent Control (HDC) is selected.
If your Adaptive Cruise Control setting is in conflict with your Speed Limiter feature, the latter will take over. So, if you’re having trouble using Adaptive Cruise Control, check to make sure that Speed Limiter isn’t deactivating the feature automatically!
WHICH LAND ROVER TRIMS HAVE ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL?
While the availability of the feature is subject to change from year to year, Adaptive Cruise Control is currently available or standard on every Land Rover SUV in our lineup. Here’s how to access the technology in the model of your choice:
- Land Rover Defender: Adaptive Cruise Control is standard on the X-DYNAMIC HSE trim level for both Defender 90 and Defender 110 SUVs.
- Land Rover Discovery: Adaptive Cruise Control is standard on the R-DYNAMIC HSE trim level.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport: Adaptive Cruise Control is available as a standalone option on the SE and R-DYNAMIC SE trim levels.
- Range Rover: Adaptive Cruise Control is optional right from the start, in the baseline trim level. It comes standard in the Westminster Edition trim level–and remains standard in all configurations that follow.
- Range Rover Sport: Adaptive Cruise Control is optional in the baseline trim: just add the Drive Pro Package. The feature remains optional across the lineup.
- Range Rover Velar: Adaptive Cruise Control is optional on the base-level Velar S, and standard on the range-topping R-DYNAMIC HSE.
- Range Rover Evoque: Adaptive Cruise Control is available only with the Driver Assist package, which can be had on any trim level.
If you’d like to learn more about the performance features in your Land Rover, check out our off-roading SUV checklist or learn more about the hybrid and electric vehicles in our lineup.
EXPLORE LAND ROVER TECHNOLOGY AT Land Rover Monmouth
To find a Land Rover SUV with Adaptive Cruise Control, start exploring our new vehicle inventory today! You can also take advantage of our vehicle finder service and let us do the research for you. With Land Rover Monmouth on your side, it’s easy to get more out of every drive through Colts Neck or Red Bank.