Land Rover Range Rover Sport vs. BMW X6
If you’re looking for the perfect fully loaded SUV to get you around the wilds of Holmdel and beyond, you might be trying to decide between the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport and the 2016 BMW X6. Which one of these vehicles is right for you in Rumson? Land Rover Monmouth can help you choose!
The 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport offers a choice of four rugged engines. The LR 3.0L Td6 engine uses 6 cylinder and a turbocharger in order to improve performance and enhance fuel efficiency, giving you the speed and power you need when you need it. It produces 254 hp and an incredible 443 lb-ft of torque, allowing it to tow up to 7,716 lbs. at a time. The 8-speed transmission gets it up to 28 mpg highway. Opt for the LR V6 3.0L engine, and you’ll get a supercharged machine that increases its horsepower with a premium fuel compression ratio.
This engine produces an incredible 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, and gets up to 23 mpg highway. When you upgrade to the LR V8 supercharged 5.0L engine, you’ll get an engine that produces an incredible 510 hp and 461 lb-ft of torque for amazing control. Finally, the diesel engine uses super-efficient diesel fuel for improved mileage and reduced emissions, getting up to 29 mpg highway and 440 lb-ft of torque.
The 2016 BMW X6 offers a choice of just two engines. The 3.0L TwinPower turbo 6-cylinder engine uses variable valve control and a twin-scroll turbocharger to produce 300 hp and just 300 lb-ft of torque, meaning it can tow just 6,000 lbs. at a time. It only gets 25 mpg highway, as well. While the horsepower output is more than the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport’s base engine, fans of capability will be displeased by the reduced torque, towing, and mileage. The larger 4.4L TwinPower V8 engine uses the same design to produce 445 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque, significantly less horsepower than the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport’s premium engine. It gets a mere 21 mpg highway with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is packed with features to keep you comfortable and in control, as well as plenty of features that promote premium performance and make your day more convenient. The 2016 BMW X6 doesn’t include all of these features. Some of them may only be available as a pricey add-on, while others may not even be available at all on the X6. See just a few of the great features you’ll get today when you purchase the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
- Comfortable bolstered sport seats that keep you safely and securely in place whether you’re taking a tight corner at high speeds or just conquering rough and uneven terrain
- Standard heated front and rear seats to keep everyone in your Land Rover Range Rover Sport cozy even during the coldest days
- Standard 19-speaker premium audio system from Meridian with a premium amplifier that’s been specially designed to enhance the acoustic qualities of your Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Two first-row LCD screens to make it easier for you and your passengers to navigate, listen to media, check on the status of your vehicle, and more
- Standard blind spot sensors system, which uses special radar cameras to keep track of the cars on either side of you and notifies you via visual alert in your side mirror whether it’s safe to change lanes or whether there is a collision risk